Check that out. Isn’t she a beaut? This is my first blog award nomination, so excuse me if I make a big, goofy deal out of it. The Liebster Award is given to blogs/bloggers who are new-ish and are still developing a strong following. I was nominated by the witty authoress of Balancing Bedlam. Thank you, Lisa!
Without further ado, here are the rules that accompany acceptance of this nomination:
I was asked to answer the questions that follow, so prepare yourself to be amazed!
- What’s your favorite movie? I have many, but the first that comes to mind is The Odd Couple 2. I can recite most of it from memory.
- What do you do for fun? In my dreams, I spend a lot of time solo in the mountains. In reality, I watch a lot of Hulu and read a lot of books far too quickly.
- If you could choose any profession in the world, what would you do? I would be a librarian in a privately-owned library.
- Where would you move with your family if you could go anywhere? We would move off the road system, but stay in Alaska, aka the greatest land on earth.
- What’s one thing you wish you had done before kids or when you were younger? I would have loved to have traveled out of country for a year or so. Seeing as my husband and I started out so young, we still have lots of time left to see the world, and we get to include our amazing young people in some of our adventures.
- What’s something you look forward to later in life? I’m most looking forward to shifting priorities one day, from wife and homeschool mama, to wife and full-time community volunteer. If I could work part-time and volunteer part-time once we are empty-nesters, I’d be grateful for that, too. I’m excited for the future that I can’t see, but that I know God has waiting for me.
- What’s one of your favorite books? Aside from the Bible, Pride and Prejudice could satisfy my literary desires for the rest of my life.
- What’s one goal you have for your blog? One? Just one?! Okay, I’ll play along. One of the goals I have for my blog is to develop my written communication skills in a rapidly advancing, tech-driven world.
- Why did you begin blogging? I began blogging as a creative outlet, sort of a public corkboard where I could semi-anonymously smash my written thoughts up whenever I took the time to jot them down.
- Who is one person, living or dead, you’d love to meet? Thomas Savage! He is an ancestor of mine who came to North America in 1607.
- What’s your absolute ideal weather? 72 degrees F, partly cloudy, with evening rain as we fall asleep.
On to eleven random facts about yours truly!
- I have super-tiny toenails on my baby toes.
- I’m not a fan of massages.
- I had braces for about four years.
- I have a hard time taking people seriously if they are provocatively dressed.
- I would love to have long, thick, curly hair.
- I take deep pride in being a natural blonde.
- I knew my husband (before he became my husband) roughly four months before we decided to get married.
- I want to throw a wet sponge at anyone who says they “don’t read”.
- As a toddler, I winked at men in uniforms.
- I wish I’d had more confidence in myself growing up.
- I rejoice daily that all three of my children thoroughly enjoy reading.
- Much Kneaded Recipes
- Of Moose and Miriam
- Alaska with Attitude
- The Backpack Objective
- Lit Mama Homeschool
- Catching My Apples
- Catherine, Caffeinated
- Around Alaska
- Off Grid Alaska
- The C.S. Lewis Classical Academy
- Mat-Su Gazette
As for questions for MY nominees to answer, I really like the ones I was given, and will paste them below:
- What’s your favorite movie?
- What do you do for fun?
- If you could choose any profession in the world, what would you do?
- Where would you move with your family if you could go anywhere?
- What’s one thing you wish you had done before kids or when you were younger?
- What’s something you look forward to later in life?
- What’s one of your favorite books?
- What’s one goal you have for your blog?
- Why did you begin blogging?
- Who is one person, living or dead, you’d love to meet?
- What’s your absolute ideal weather?